Positive Hits & Hip Hop for lincoln
Public radio uses the term underwriting instead of advertising. Since TiM FM is a non-profit, non-commercial radio station, we fall under a different set of guidelines that govern how we operate. As a program underwriter, informative and concise announcements recognize your business at times when the people you want to reach are listening. People will remember and appreciate you for your part in bringing exceptional programming to the airwaves.
What We Can Say About You
• The name of your business
• The location and phone number where our listeners can reach you
• Audio logo-grams or slogans that identify and do not promote
• Value-neutral descriptions of products or services
• Brand and trade names of product or service listings that do not include qualitative or comparative language
What Can't Be Said
• Pricing information, such as "tickets are $15 at the door"
• Calls to action, such as "stop by our store"
• Talking directly to the listener
• Inducements to purchase, such as "six months; free service"
• Qualitative or comparative language, such as "your #1 choice for steaks"
• Subjective language, such as "easy to understand"
• Music or sound-bites (all scripts are read by station personnel)
We Can Help Your Business
While we are subject to stricter rules for business underwriting messages than a commercial radio station, chances are that we can say what you want us to. We just may not be able to use some of the words you might first think of. We know the rules, and we can work with you to get your message out.
Tell us what you want to say - not in specific words, but in broad terms. Then let us work out the details. We'll get your message out, and our listeners will appreciate the fact that you support Blair Radio without the invasiveness of traditional advertising.
A fifteen second message uses between 40 and 45 words. A twenty-five second message uses between 75 and 80 words. This is the number of spoken words -- so a street address and phone number each count in words as the quantity of numbers they have (so, for example, a typical phone number counts as seven or ten words).
Considering changing the example for at least one of the following
:15 Second Example: Programming on TiM FM, is funded by (Jack Seibert Goldsmith Jeweler, at 1741 West Lane Avenue in Lincoln. Jack Seibert features a collection of custom designed jewelry including bracelets, necklaces, rings and ideal-cut diamonds). More information visit goldsmithjeweler.com.
:25 Second Example: Jack Seibert Goldsmith Jeweler brings you (This Hours Music), on TiM FM. (Jack Seibert features a collection of custom designed jewelry - both contemporary and traditional, including bracelets, necklaces, rings and ideal-cut diamonds. Holiday hours and more information are available by reaching Jack Seibert Goldsmith Jeweler at goldsmithjeweler.com. These gifts may also be seen in person at Jack Seibert Goldsmith Jeweler at 1741 West Lane Avenue in Lincoln.)
For help and information on how to get started supporting TiM FM contact Brad Leggett at (402) 710-9616